Saturday, October 27, 2007

Ethel (not Elvis) has left the building..

Houston, we have liftoff....

My new Quiting Machine is on the way.

I am calling her Ethel.

She left Sydney at 3 p.m. today, and will arrive at Studio Christine sometime Monday.

Evidently, a lot of owners name their machines.

Sometimes they even use that name in regular conversations.

I have no clue why I am calling her Ethel, it is just an old name, and seeing as I am buying her "used" I thought it fits.

The quilt isn't mine, this was the picture I saw when I decided I *needed* a quilting machine.


And, after a lot of budgeting, foofing about and applications, I will have one Monday!

The Studio looks like a bowling alley. A BIG piece of clean floor in the centre, and stuff banked up on both sides.

The camera couldn't cope with taking a picture of nothing between me and the windows...sorry, you will have to take my word for it.

The fun jigsaw-y part comes when I have to put everything away, and learn to quilt....


Gratitudes

having a room to clear
the internet, for FAST communication
a way of finishing all my quilt tops
an opportunity to learn a new skill,
and a friend to teach me said skill

2 comments:

Mary said...

Congratulations! I love my Gammill although I'm still adjusting to the smaller machine I downsized to when I moved last December - you think I'd be used to it by now.

Enjoy the new machine.

Monkee Maker said...

Good luck with your new quilting machine, I hope you have fun with it :)

Regarding the UK time, ummm, we're not in Bristish Summer Time anymore so I guess that means we're in British Winter Time? I'm typing this at 9.32 am, if that helps at all.