Monday, October 15, 2007

Halloween, what's NOT to like

This is my oldest Halloween related UFO.



It dates to sometime in 2001. The two colors of the trick-or-treat fabrics were the only two real Halloween fabrics I could find.

The orange cats and bats fabric was taken from my cat fabric stash, the blue allover pumpkins are from a chain store, plump orange pumpkins are blanket stitch applique. And the pattern was (I think) from American BH&G.





Look what I found in the $2 store!! They had this pumpkin head guy, a witch and (I think) a Frankenstein-type monster. Will go back later this week, and maybe get the others.

Have to take what I can get, Australia isn't too much into Halloween, but I LOVE it, then again, I like Thanksgiving and 4th July too (don't ask about the few US patriotic fabrics I have squirreled away, LOL)

Gratitudes

Having fun in the $2 with purse change.
Old quilting pieces that are still loved
Finishing something
having kids who roll their eyes, that mom is 'doing' Hallowen

4 comments:

Lazy Gal Tonya said...

hey, that's all great. you've got some halloween, woohoo. I bet not all your kids roll their eyes about halloween - you've got one who loves it too, right?

YankeeQuilter said...

They may roll their eyes but they'll still take the candy right?! I showed a "patriotic" quilt the other day and was reminded that the U.S. isn't the only country to have red, white and blue as their colors. Woops!

Quilting Pirate said...

what a great top! You must finish it or send it out to finish, it's very nice!

Jeanne said...

I agree with Quilting Pirate. The top is too cute to be a UFO. It really needs finishing. With Halloween things everywhere here since late summer, it's difficult to imagine a place without the decor. Another thing I learned from blogging. :-)