Monday, January 14, 2008

Hiatus

It is the 14th of January, 2008

I don't feel like this year is much different from the last.

I do, however, plan to make some changes.

Buy the minimum possible fabric....the background for my Baby Jane being an exception. I also bought 100 fat sixteenths, so I am set for a goodly while there, and I do have a box of Civil War Repro's besides.

I am slowly knitting a shawl, these balls of wool are few and far between

I have no new needles for Ethel, but that is all right. I have neither the funds for needles, backing and batting, nor the expertise to right the problem and quilt.

I look around my Studio, and it doesn't make me feel Happy, or inspired, or content.

It is full of 'stuff'.....that I don't NEED or WANT. I have the urge sometimes to take it all into the yard and burn it.

But I cannot DO that. There is too much money invested in the shelves for that.

In magazines alone, I had 80 duplicates, or ones I no longer wanted, and half again of bear and doll magazines

I tried an Ebay store, just for scrap bags and bundles of magazines, but didn't sell a thing,

I have begun a mystery quilt, I indulged, and bought 6, 10 cm cuts of fabric to add spice, the rest is off the shelf.

Scary, that I can pull upwars of 9 yards of fabric without making a dent.

I had thought about opening a little internet business, but the paperwork, and accountability stopped me, well, that and the realisation that it takes persistance and money to be sucessful

For the moment, I am going to try to get up each day and not want to go straight back to bed.

For the moment it looks like the mental illness is winning.

So I will read other blogs when I am able, and perhaps comment, in the mean time, Studio Christine is on Hiatus

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Christine, I'm sorry you are not at the top of your game. Take the time to do whatever it is that will help you. I'm here if you need to talk.

Kucki68 said...

I hope you will feel better soon. At least throw the duplicates out! They are really not doing you any good! Are you aware of Flylady? She is heavily into decluttering and it sounds as if you are ready for it.

Can you post or get hubby to post some pictures of your Mystery? I would love to see how it looks!

I am excited about Bonnie proposing a quarterly mystery, I am having so much fun with this one.

Vickie said...

aww Christine-wish I could reach out an dgive oyu a "quilty Hug" sure sounds like you need one,although I do bet there is heaps of hugs in your house-I sure hope you are feeling more positive real soon,
cheers Vickie
http://vickiescrafting.blogspot.com/

Debbie said...

Hi Chritine - here's a big hug from canada/debbie